Element types are categories that elements can be grouped into. Usually, most teams have the following element types:
- PA Announcement (used for public address announcements)
- Live/Contest/Promotion (used for on-court/on-field, etc. activity)
- Video (used for video board plays)
- Audio (used for music)
Element types are customizable in the SETTINGS menu.
When creating an element type, it’s important to keep in mind a few things:
- If a user filters by element type to print a document, do you want broad categories or very specific categories?
- If something has a PA announcement component, it doesn’t make it a PA announcement
- For example: the National Anthem being performed live before a game is probably a LIVE element type that has PA, audio, and video components, such as “fans, please stand and turn your attention to the field for today’s National Anthem, performed by …,” audio staff direction to turn on the wireless mic, and video staff direction to turn on the flag waving in the wind video for the scoreboard